Friday, September 30, 2011

Round 7, PPIR, Sep 17-18


Back down to Pikes Peak International Raceway for round 7. Last time I was down here, earlier in the season I didn't have the best round, see round 2. This time was better. I didn't ride on Friday just because the budget is totally shot this year by this point. Saturday morning practice will have to do! Practice was good, I got up to a decent pace pretty quick, already better than last time! The Middleweight Supersport race was a lot of fun, I just held off Keith Easton and took 4th place. The Heavyweight Supersport race was next and I had a good run and found myself in 3rd, but then on about the 3rd lap I lost my left contact and it totally fucked me. All my depth perception was shot and Keith, who I had been holding off, came easily around after watching me totally botch almost every corner. I stayed on and finished the race just incase anything happened up front that might put me back on the podium, but it didn't and I finished in 4th. Best finishes yet in the Supersport classes!
Sunday was a replay of every Sunday this season Thunderbike- lousy start, heavy battle through the traffic in the first few corners, just in time for Pat Lansu to get away and win and I take a lonely second... Heavyweight Superbike- ok start just to get passed by by Lansu and watch him, Turpin and Moham run away. Except this time Rick Gross got away with them, Moham retired from mechanical problems and Turpin let Lansu win so I'd get bumped down to 4th from 3rd in the points for the season, kinda crappy.
Round 7 ends up being the last round of the season as the club decided to cancel round 8 rather than run it and loose more money from declining participation. So as the season ends, here's how I finished out in the points...
Thunderbike 2nd
Heavyweight Superbike 4th
Middleweight Supersport 4th
Heavyweight Supersport 4th
Not to bad I don't think for my first year running in all expert classes after being kicked out of amateur last year. Here's some pics again courtesy of Wicked Photo...









No comments:

Post a Comment