Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2009 season recap...

Ok, so 2009 was kind of a shit storm...
First race of the season in heavyweight endurance I get plowed into and eat total shit at the top of third gear coming out of turn 3. I go down and slide and roll for what seamed like forever and when I finally stop I get up to walk and my ankle is killing me... that's because it's broken. Then to top it all off my left thumb wont stay in place because all the ligaments in the bottom joint are torn... awesome.


So miss 3 rounds, the double header at Hastings and the first round ever at High Planes. Anyway, I come back to race the next race at Pueblo, enter a bunch of different classes because hey, my points chase is now long gone! So I pretty much spend the rest of the season just having fun and working on my riding. The best finish I had all year (after starting in the back row from a second wave) was a 7th in AmU at Pueblo. I got to ride High Planes a bunch and watch my lap times steadily come down, so I'm pretty happy about that. All in all it was fun and sucked all in the same season. Here's a few more pics from the remainder of the season, most from HPR. Dig the sick western stache I grew for my brothers wedding and kept for a little while....








I'll have some more pics from the last round coming... Thanks to everyone who helped me out this season on and off the track, you know who you are...




1 comment:

  1. The blog looks good brother. I would write some posts and actually talk about the things you work on, when you are out there that help you to be faster. I am sure a lot of kids just getting into the sport could use the advice.

    Step 1: don't crash and break bones

    ReplyDelete